Sunday, May 29, 2011

announcing: a small offering



But a big step for me: my postcards for sale (http://www.etsy.com/shop/irisdagmar). Somewhere along the way I think someone told me that being paid for something I love to do, like art, wasn't possible.

Um: What. A. Lie.

Actually my paid working life is pretty excellent at the library (teaching people, learning every day, information matchmaker, and the other day, someone just gave us a brand new Kindle---see? excellent!). And my unpaid working life at home, also is excellent.

And now, the hard part: accepting payment for my art. The part that is uncomfortable and awkward and strange. So, there you have it, me, pushing myself out there beyond my comfort zone. Anyway, four separate sets of cards, on Etsy: Kids, Food, Favorites, and Clotheslines.

Also, according to Blogger, this is my 301st post. Thank you for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, they are so awesome. I especially love the washing lines.

    ReplyDelete