Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Peeping the Peeps!


Well. I could have called this post, "Holy Cuteness, Batman!" I raced home from work today to find that Sharon and babies were out from under the porch, taking in some warm sun in the front-porch garden (mostly full of mint!) that belongs to Jonas. She was quite willing to let me observe the family from the porch and I took many photos! There is lots of peeping and nibbling and fluffing and wobbling about.

Below, the white circle at left is a juice jar lid, just for a size comparison:

In the Minty Jungle, below, the mint is about 8-10" tall:

Now the problem is...How to entice her to move her family down to the hen house so I can sleep peacefully at night? I am afraid if I scoop her up the babies will scatter, due to the in-bred reflex to self-preserve against marauders. Anyone have any great ideas?

All six peeps and their proud mom:
Don't forget, a few days left to leave a comment on the blog! I will draw 4 lucky winners on June 1st and send out a special ATC to each winner! If you are a first-time visitor, that's OK, you can still say hello! Read more about it here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness that could be the cutest thing I've ever seen...ever. Thanks for getting us these adorable shots!

    ReplyDelete