Friday, August 28, 2009

red shoes are best

L-R newest to oldest:
At right, my Italian sandals purchased 8 years ago and worn each summer
Middle are the Clarks classics, so comfortable and now faded to a sort of orange
Left, newest by Klogs, nice and cushy on my feet when I am at work

You may remember that I have a thing for red shoes. If they come in red, that's always my preference. This dates back to being a tiny person with Christopher Robin style buckle shoes, in red of course. So it was an early imprinting.
Recently I was in a store in downtown Rockland (which is such a hip town), The Black Parrot, which is a unique store where everything is overpriced. Everything from books on architecture to clothing to Marimekko bags to hair accessories to interesting kitchen stuff. So it's great looking, but nothing that fits my budget. Usually.
Mine are the Danskos at right
Except for when I spotted a rack of shoes in the back at 60% off. And found these. And they had my size (amazing! I am a size 9 US or 39-40 Euro, like most people it seems). So I had to buy them.
They are the happiest shoes ever, made by Camper, and they match all the beautiful skirts I have been sewing this summer. They may be my best score to date.

OK now I need to get back to my blogging break in which I scramble to find time to do my school stuff, house stuff, kid stuff and family stuff! But I couldn't wait to tell you!

5 comments:

  1. Hello! I just wanted to say that I love your blog so much, and look forward to new posts which are like getting a card in the mailbox from a friend, with pictures included. If I had to go to a deserted island with only one blog, it would be yours, hands down!
    love, J.
    PS Loving the shoes! Can't wait to meet them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right. Red shoes really are best. I wish I had more of them. I'm well impressed with your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read somewhere that every woman should have at least one pair of red shoes. And what better way to have several well-worn pairs? Function, comfort, and whimsy all rolled into one, or several, neat packages. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how much a pair of shoes can tell us about a person...Your shoes are very down to earth with a lot of comfort, but RED.
    I actually love everything RED: red shoes, red coats, red carpet...almost anything red will be my choice. I recently got a blue couch (initially I wanted it red), and now everytime I look at it I think that maybe I should have gotten red...
    Dorothy, in the movie The Magic of Oz, had magical red shoes to walk down the yellow brick path. In the book, her shoes were silver, but the movie makers thought that red shoes would be much more interesting in technicolor. I aggree.
    Everytime I see a little girl in red shoes, it makes me smile...
    Thank you for sharing your shoes...and so much more...

    ReplyDelete