Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Girl Time Today

I had some time with the ladies today, eating a delicious lunch and doing our various projects. I was ATC-ing, there was knitting (a wildly curly Noro scarf in blues and greens, like a tide pool; a tiny pink collar for a tiny little knitted flower person; a green sweater hoody for a big teenager) and sewing (little pouches, with embroidered symbols for each child, such as a ladybug). I have yet to upload the ATCs of today, so for now here's a few from the past few days or so.

"Who Knows the Happiness of Fish?" below, is a reference to my grandma who, when she was living with my mom and brother, would repeatedly ask: Do fish sleep? This one is already in the mail to my brother who would field Grandma's questions differently, as the mood struck him.

Here are two by Jonas, from that night when we were in the groove together! This one, below, uses origami paper, a magazine close-up of an autumn leaf, and part of a card from Joanie! I won't tell you who it's for...Here's "Happy!", a springy inspired piece, also by Jonas.

Finally, in our recent excavations, I unearthed this headless, hapless fellow. He is a maple sugar candy guy, all crystalized and weird now after who knows how long. Probably someone started to eat him, beginning with the head, and some Mama interrupted the feast and "put him away for later." Much later, as it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment