Friday, February 22, 2008

Intergenerational Craftiness

Bumpa is visiting, Jake's dad, and we have him hooked on ATCs now! He and Jonas have been quite prolific these past days, so that I can barely keep up with cutting out "backing" cards for them. Oh, did I tell you that my lovely backings come from recycled calendars and cards from Toki? It's hard to cut some of them up, they're amazing! But I love that the paper Toki uses is already recycled and then I am recycling it into art again!

Hmmm, I wonder who this little sweetness could be for? If you've been looking at the links I post, you may have a good guess! She's called "Opportunity."I found this angel girl in a catalog and couldn't resist her. Making art cards makes me feel like everything is possible! I hope you get to feel this way often yourself! Look, she's waving her magic wand for you!

This library-inspired text comes from the Library Bill of Rights, which I find is pretty inspiring to read. I also get pretty excited about the Freedom to Read Statement, written during the height of McCarthy-era and totally and awesomely radical.
Hey! Don't forget, if you're nearby, that this Wednesday night the 27th, from 6:30-7:30 is our first Swap Group meeting at the Rockport Library! I hope to be bringing a carload of my best ladies along! Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment