Thursday, August 21, 2008

"I really didn't think about anything the whole time"

Airborn Anders and Jonas, above.


The title of this post are the words of my husband, driving home from our vacation on beautiful Moosehead Lake. We had the pleasure to be with one of our favorite families and one other amazing couple for four idyllic days. Lots of food and fun and friendship, and a blessed breath before the beginning of school ramps up.

The men and boys played epic amounts of strategy games. (Yawn. Good thing the ladies had plenty of books to talk about and knitting to accomplish.) This one is called Antike:

Evening session of MadLibs:
I was reading An Unexpected Forest by Eleanor Morse. I find the prose sometimes a little detached. Not that it's a good or bad thing. Good writing and I am enjoying the characters. It's about a man in midlife who inexplicably decides to plant 1000 spruce trees when they are delivered to him by mistake. My view from the hammock:

Jack recommends snowboarding goggles on windy motor boat rides:


Who's strong enough to carry the bucket? Let's test our muscles:

Anders and Jonas wrestling in the raft:

A flotilla of our small and middling children:


One of us (the Dishwashing King) was lucky enough to have naturally product-free porcupine hair:


We stopped by Spring Creek Bar-BQ, in Monson, on the way home. The best barbecue I've had in Maine, located handily near to the Appalachian Trail for hungry hikers!

1 comment:

  1. wow Iris that looks sooo lovely! I think I have to go to Maine once...looks soo beautiful there at the lake. If the weather will become a little nicer overhere I'll be off for a little more camping too!

    ReplyDelete