Thursday, February 26, 2009

6th file, 6th photo

Posted by Picasa
I'm so glad it wasn't some dud picture that I shouldn't have even uploaded! But it's this one, from November of 2005, a Halloween shot of my knight (almost seven) and my puppy dog (three). I was probably grumping and bossing them about, hustling them into the photo before we had to race off to school's All Hallow's Eve Walk, which starts promptly and which Dear Husband is always heavily involved with, so he is not at home stuffing people into costumes, making sure there is something healthy in their bellies before all that sugar, locating the special item that is essential for the costume but somehow misplaced, and fixing the face paint that smudged.

That is probably more disclosure than you were looking for. I could have just said it was a peaceful moment before our lovely school ritual of a dusky walk in the enchanted forest.

I was tagged by Skip the Chips for the 6th of the 6th, and I think, now that I am doing it that APA tagged me a LONG time ago to do something similar, and there it is, I forgot until just now. So the way it works is you locate your 6th folder of photos and post the 6th picture you find in there, tag 6 bloggers, and then link back to this post here, where I am tagging you:

Make It Smirk, Totally Smitten Mama, Miss Smith at Home, Pink Crow Stirrings, Philigry, and Tollipop.

3 comments:

  1. what a fun game, and i love halloween! it is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh, Iris. The photo is adorable and your clear recall of that day a little more of a glimpse into just who is this person we visit here to share and smile.

    Thanks for the wonderful start my day!

    XO,
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I'm so far behind on absolutely EVERYTHING in my life (b/c I've been so busy in the studio...yea!). I'm catching up on my blog reading and I just now found this tag, so, now to open that 6th folder/6th image...

    Love you much!!!
    -c

    ReplyDelete