I made a lovely bowl last week that I was so excited to show you, but honestly, as soon as it was done I had to consume it immediately. So I have replicated it here. There is something so clean and comforting about Miso Soup.
So here is the rough recipe, always different based on what I have on hand, for Miso Love Soup. It is in no way meant to be authentic Japanese or officially macrobiotic, just what I learned from my mom.
- Carrots, onions, sea vegetable
- Kale, chopped
- 4 oz. firm tofu, cut into small cubes
- Water in a saucepan 4-6 c.
- White (or red or whatever) Miso paste, 2-3 tablespoons
- A shake each of sesame oil and brown rice vinegar
- Garnish of freshly chopped scallions and slivers of radish
- Sometimes I add some leftover brown rice or udon noodles if I am serving this for dinner.